Sunday, January 23, 2011

Holy Spirit had his way

Today, well I'm guessing now yesterday, was an awesome day. Got dressed for church in my blue and black colors (these are the colors that the host team were supposed to wear.) Got to church in time for corporate prayer at 10:30. Church started at 11:00 and the praise team sang two of my favorite worship songs. They were "Bread of Life" and "Jesus, the Mention of your Name." Then after announcements and welcome, it was time for offering. I was one of the host who had to go up holding the office basket, and let me tell you, they wanted us to do our best to smile the whole time we were up there while Pastor Torrey Montgomery was giving the call to offering, but it's hard forcing a smile when you have to. After offering, we had a special gifting from a group from Lawton, that called themselves Annointed Praise. They danced to the song Psalm 27. After they ministered, pastor got up and spoke on Fear. He gave such points like God is on our side and he will never leave us. The spirit just really began to move as he preached and sisters and brothers were getting filled up with the Holy Spirit (and how many of you know that it is an awesome thing when brothers are kneeling, and crying, and  shouting before the Lord.) During the invitation to join the church, God brought in our drummer that we were looking for. He was evidently supposed to only be a temporary replacement for our bother Dre, who moved to New Mexico, but anyway he decided  to join today and let me tell you, he is already definitely tapping into the Kingdom sound. We desired a drummer and God will definitely bring you the desires of your heart.

After church, I came homeand finished writing a poem that God had given me and then worked on some Physics homework. Then I went to the RA informational and served on a panel to answer questions to all aspiring Resident Assistants. Then me and my roommmate went and got some Steak n Shake.

I called my mom and brother Tim and read them my poem and Tim said that I should create a blog and post it on here. So that's where my inspiration to start a blog came from. Thanks Tim. I won't post the poem just yet, for I will first be presenting it at church this Sunday. If you are looking to visit a church. Come out to Greater Kingdom Works International, located at 4201 SE 59th St. Basic Training begins at 9, followed by service at 11.

Later on today or this week, I will post the points and scriptures that went along with the Fear message.

Until next time

2 comments:

  1. I like that bro...look forward to reading what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo umm I said your poem was good too? Did i get a shout out.. NOPE!!..

    ReplyDelete